Lyle Sherman, DC, PhC
Lyle Sherman graduated from Palmer School of Chiropractic in 1934, the year Subluxation Specific was published by B.J. Palmer. This also places Sherman as one of the last of the first generation chiropractors (1936 is 33 years from D.D.s death and the start of the second generation). Sherman joined the faculty in 1936. He taught philosophy, orthopedy, pathology, and spinography. In 1942, Sherman became the assistant director of the B.J. Palmer Research Clinic. In 1957, he moved to Spartanburg, S.C. and went into private practice. Sherman College of Chiropractic was founded in 1973 by Lyle and some of his students, most prominent amongst them was Thom Gelardi, president of the college until 1996.