Integral Theory has been applied to dozens of fields! Below we have included applications that resonate with applying Integral to the philosophy of chiropractic.
- The Teleosis Institute has compiled a bibliography of publications on Integral Medicine
- A recent call for papers for a special issue of the Journal of Integral Theory and Practice is dedicated to Integral Medicine.
- One interesting online article by David Tusek is available online: An Integral Path to Medicine.
- A glimpse of the excellent book on Integral Medicine by Elliott Dacher is available: Integral Health.
- An audio dialogue between Marylin Schlitz (president of the Institute of Noetic Sciences) and Ken Wilber, is enlightening: Emergence of Integral Medicine on Integral Life.
- Ken Wilber wrote the foreword to the groundbreaking book Consciousness & Healing: Integral approaches to mind-body medicine, edited by Schlitz, Amorok, & Micozzi:
* Four Quadrants of Integral Medicine from Wilber’s The Integral Vision (2007).
- Dossey’s powerpoint presentation on Integral Nursing is available online:
Theory of Integral Nursing.
- The amazing images from the powerpoint can be downloaded here: Integral Nursing Images.
- Olga Jarrin just completed her dissertation on Integral Nursing. Her seminal article on the topic is available:
An Integral Philosophy and Definition of Nursing.
- Several nurses and practitioners from the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing developed a paper
Integral Nursing: An Emerging Framework for Engaging the Evolution of the Profession
- Barbara Dossey’s chapter on Integral Nursing is also available. The chapter is in the 2008 edition of the textbook, Dossey and Keegan, Holistic Nursing: A Handbook for Practice, 5th edition:
* The image, Healing, Meta-Paradigm, Patterns of Knowing in Nursing, Four Quadrants and AQAL, is from B. M. Dossey (2008). Integral and Holistic Nursing: Local to Global. In B. M. Dossey & L. Keegan. Holistic Nursing: A Handbook for Practice (5th ed.) Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett.
- Susanne Cook-Greuter is one of the leaders of Developmental Research and Integral Coaching. An interview with her by Russ Volkmann is available:
Integral Leadership Review.
- Integral Coaching has roots in Integral Psychology: Elliott Ingersoll
- And human development: Robert Kegan
- A glimpse of Kegan’s book with Lisa Laskow Lahey is available (a must read!): Immunity to Change.
- Hunt’s seminal article on the topic can be found here:
*Four-Quadrant Integral Coaching image courtesy of Elastic Mind
- Integral Transformative Practice was co-founded by George Leonard (one of the pioneers of the human potential movement), and Michael Murphy (founder of Esalen Institute). An interview with Leonard with Craig Hamilton is available online: If you’re not changing, you’re not learning.
- An interesting article on ITP from a participant’s perspective was written by Jorge Ferrer and is available online: Integral Transformative Practice: A participatory perspective.
- The first chapters to the book Integral Life Practice by Ken Wilber, Terry Patton, Adam Leonard, and Marco Morelli is available from www.MyILP.com:
* Integral Life Practice Matrix chart from Wilber’s The Integral Vision (2007).