Arthur Holmes, LLB
Arthur Holmes was a lawyer from LaCrosse, Wisconsin. He joined the practice of Morris and Hartwell in 1915 and became a full partner in 1917. Morris was the chief council for the UCA. After Morris\’ death in 1928, Holmes became the chief council for the NCA, which was the result of the merging of the UCA with the first ACA. B.J. Palmer, who formed the CHB, which became the ICA, was critical of Holmes in the 1930s.
- Keating compiled several chronologies on the early chiropractic associations:
– United Chiropractors Association (UCA)
– American Chiropractic Association (ACA) (1922-1930)
– Chiropractic Health Bureau/ICA
– National Chiropractic Association (NCA)
- In his book on Malpractice, Holmes has an entire chapter on the liability of mixing other sciences with chiropractic.