AP Davis, MD, DO, DC
D.D. Palmer showed his expertise in anatomy and physiology in his extensive disputes with AP Davis. Davis was a medical doctor, a naturopathic doctor, as well as an osteopath before he studied chiropractic under D.D. Palmer. In fact, he authored two books on Osteopathy before studying under Palmer.
- Two excellent articles on AP Davis and his relationship to D.D. Palmer were authored by chiropractic historian MV Zarbuck. The articles were published in the Illinois Prairie Chiropractic Association and are republished here by permission of Dr. Zarbuck’s family.
Chiropractic Parallax Part 1 & Chiropractic Parallax Part 2. (1988)
- One of them is available online: Osteopathy Illustrated (1898).
- His two books on the topic are available online under the titles; Neuropathy (1909), which is also available through google ebooks, and Neuropathy Illustrated (1915).
- Davis went on to found his own technique called Neuropathy. In the second book, he has a section titled Philosophy of Manipulations.
- Keating created a chronology of Neuropathy.
Chronology of Neuropathy.